Tags: 500am, asleep, awake, disorders, drugs, fall, finally, health, medications, reasonable, sleep, wide
Wide Awake :(
For the past two weeks I have not been able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. Last night it took me until 5:00am to finally fall asleep. The night before it was 4:00am. I feel tired, yet when I lay down, I just can't sleep. What can I do to get myself some shut-eye?
Leave a comment...
- 11 Comments
- I wish I had the answer. It's 2:20am and I am suffering through another night. I do the same thing as you...lay down tired but not able to fall off to sleep. Sorry I am not helping but I wanted you to know that you are not suffering alone. Hopefully you will have sweet dreams soon.#1; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:42:00 GMT
- Glad to hear I'm not alone in this. I've tried sleeping on the couch, trading beds with the roomie, and just about everything else. I don't know what to do#2; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:43:00 GMT
- Hi I have the same problem I can be very tired and sleepy but when i get in the bed iam wide awake.
Try either laying on the couch or sitting up on your couch watch a movie that you have seen before get comforable and just watch a movie that you have seen before and see if you can dose off to sleep
I know i dose off a lot when watching a movie but soon as i go to bed iam wide awake.
give it a try and let me know.#3; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:44:00 GMT
- Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it. It doesn't help :( This is getting to be a very frustrating thing. I don't know what to do about it.#4; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:45:00 GMT
- I'm not sure of what time you wake up or how much sleep you get..but I have the same problem and for me I'm so tired I can't sleep. For instance if I stay up till like 3am and get up between 7 or 8am, and force myself to stay awake 11 or 12pm and then I can't sleep even though im real tired because I am over-tired. Maybe you should try going to sleep a little earliar if the problem may be that you are overtired. Just a thought.#5; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:46:00 GMT
- I have the exact same issue. I'll be so darn tired but as SOON as I lay down, I'm awake. I take Trazodone, which you can get from your doctor. It works for a while, but I honestly wouldn't give it too high of a recommendation. You take 1, it works for a week then wears off. Then you take 2 and it only makes you dizzy and lightheaded, not tired. So, what I try is NOT to watch TV before I go to bed or I try not to work on the computer (which I'm doing now, so I should take my own advice haha), and I try not to drink any caffeine. That all is helpful, but only in little ways. I think the way I fall asleep, which seems odd but it works, is to mentally "erase" what's going through your brain. Picture a blank white canvas in your head. You can either mentally draw a "S" shape line over and over, or a circle over and over. This will get your focus on one thing and relax you so you'll fall asleep. Also, I concentrate on one, solitary sound. Like the crickets out the window, or the cars passing by. Stay focused on those sounds. If that doesn't work, normally, I'll put on NPR and that works sometimes. I think it's because of their monotonous voice. Well, those are just some things I try that seem to work ok. Also, have you tried a sleep clinic? Anyways, good luck!#6; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:47:00 GMT
- I'm exactly like this... I woke up pretty early this morning and right now it's 1:09 AM and I'm never up this late...
...The reason I think you can't sleep is because maybe its just because of summer... In summer I always get my sleeping hours mixed up and I sit up all night... This is gonna suck when school starts in about 2 weeks because I'm gonna be so tired for the first couple of days... Well, when my sleeping schedule is off track, this is what I do...
...Force yourself to stay up all night and all day. Do not take a nap or nothing! When it comes around 10-11 p.m. or whenever you wanna go to bed, you should be pretty darn tired! Take a hott bath or something that will knock you out... then you should be pretty tired... Good luck! (This always works for me) Also, lets say you've done this already... but your still not tired after like 24 hours... Well, eat a hot meal... Something hot in your stomach should make you tired, also (I heard) Once again, good luck! ;)#7; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:48:00 GMT
- I'm bothered by light when I sleep. There is this street light just outside my bedroom window that bugs me. I've found that an eye masque helps (to some degree). Thanks for the suggestions, though :) I'll give 'em a shot!#8; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:49:00 GMT
- I have that same problem... dead tired but can't sleep. When I lie down I am wide awake. I am so awake that I can work on problems and dilemas but while I was standing up I could hardly think well enough to walk. I've even taken sleeping medications; they work one night and never again. Although one didn't work at all (ambien).
JM#9; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:50:00 GMT
- I'm STILL not sleeping normally!!!! I go back to SMC next week, and I'm not going to survive it with my awful sleeping patterns!!! Oh I wish I could fix this :(#10; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:51:00 GMT
- Maybe there's something bothering all of you guys, that's why you can't go to sleep...try to cleanse your mind of all your problems and then you'll be able to sleep...
that is why I am wide awake :) lol, let me go and try this!#11; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:52:00 GMT